Not only law firms, but many businesses, are becoming ever more mobile and digitalized, and the pandemic has highlighted this in 2020 into the present. Being more and more normal, businesses are developing a hybrid workplace. To keep up with the trend, you need to make sure your business intelligence solution is able to meet these new demands. One of the best ways to make your business more remote and hybrid-friendly is to implement a Saas BI solution so your employees can easily and seamlessly access data from anywhere, at any time.
What is SaaS/Cloud Computing Business Intelligence?
Before we dive into the benefits of SaaS, let’s first define what it is. When implementing BI software for your business, you have a choice - to host and manage that software yourself onsite or to utilize SaaS instead. SaaS BI is defined as a “delivery model in which Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application software is employed at a hosted location, usually implemented outside of a corporation, and is accessed via protected internet by the end-user.”
What this means in simpler terms, is that the program/software for your business intelligence platform is hosted by a vendor and you access via the internet through the Cloud.
What are the Benefits of SaaS BI?
Now that we know what SaaS BI is, the question is still whether it is beneficial for your law firm. Let’s talk about something that seems to be highly significant in the workplace these days…flexibility.
With a traditional, in-house system, your employees often need to be at the office in order to access your BI system. There are ways to make this work with a hybrid work setting, but it still has many disadvantages. When an employee is working outside the office, their updates will not be automatically added to the system. This means other employees might not be working off the most recent data, and also introduces a greater risk of human error in ensuring that the data is indeed properly updated when back at the office.
With a SaaS BI platform, any employee can log in at any time from any place through the Cloud. The work they do will immediately be backed up and updated across the system. This means you can offer your employees the flexibility of a hybrid workplace without having to worry about related inefficiencies and errors impacting your business.
But flexibility isn’t the only benefit you can expect. Here are some other core advantages of a SaaS-based system:
- Lower Start-Up Costs: If your law firm is starting fresh with a BI platform, then choosing SaaS is likely to be a cheaper option. This is because you don’t have to invest in setting up your own, in-house program and hiring the necessary staff to maintain it.
- Faster Implementation: Again, since you don’t have to build your system from the ground up, you are going to save time. When you go through a vendor’s Saas system, most of the physical setup is already in place - you just need to access it through the Cloud.
- No In-House Maintenance: When you are hosting the software yourself, you need to maintain that equipment on a regular basis. That means time, money, and man-power dedicated just to maintaining the system.
- Scalable: With an in-house system, if your business grows or you want to expand, that means physically expanding your platform as well. This is not a simple process and can take both a lot of time and money to accomplish.
- Fault Tolerant and Secure: Law firms often worry about the security of Cloud-based systems, but technology has advanced to the point here SaaS is more secure than your in-house systems. This is thanks to multiple servers which are continuously backing up your data. Even if a problem arises on one server your data remains safe, secure, and online. If your in-house system crashes, you may not be able to access your data for a period of time or it may be lost completely.
The “Best of Breed” in SaaS Business Intelligence: BigSquare
If you think that switching to a SaaS BI Platform would be the right choice for your law firm, then you’ve come to the right place! BigSquare is the leading provider of BI software in the industry and is the only company that offers SaaS/Cloud Computing business intelligence to make things as simple, flexible, and cost-effective as possible for your business. Contact us today by filling out our contact form or call us at 724-416-5705. We look forward to hearing from you.
Do you want to see first-hand how our product works? Schedule a free demo today and lead your law firm in the right direction for future success.
BigSquare is the leading provider of Business Intelligence for law firms and professional service organizations. We focus exclusively on law firm reporting, law firm BI, law firm profitability, and law firm analytics.